Longmont’s Terry Street homes with storied past, present up for sale – Longmont Times-Call
Two beautiful historic homes rarely up for sale like this.
… “Both of the more than a century old white-and-pastel-colored houses on the northwest corner of Terry Street and 3rd Avenue are now up for grabs on the real estate market.
The house at 327 Terry Street was built in 1874, making it one of the older homes in Longmont. The Chicago-Colorado Colony arrived in the area in 1872. In the 1890s the home was owned by Oscar A. McFarland, who operated a dry goods store at Main and 4th Avenue.
Next door, 333 Terry Street was built in 1899 by Dr. Fred P. Taft, who worked as a physician in town.
In the 1970s, Lt. Col. Langdon Morton and his wife Beulah Morton bought the McFarland house and later also bought the Taft house. The Mortons set up a tea room in the first floor of 327 Terry Street and lived on the second floor. Lt. Col. Morton operated an antiques shop on the first floor of the more colorful 333 Terry Street and moved his aging father to the second floor of the home.
As the years went on, the Mortons moved out of the Terry Street properties. 327 Terry sat vacant while the Longmont Community Justice Partnership began renting 333 Terry on a month-to-month basis. … ” … read full article here